Tuesday, May 26, 2020


Braids


I braid all my stories of
yesterday and today every night
for a sneak peek tomorrow, a dry run
before putting it out there for those who care..

I heard it knock on the door
Saw it  upclose strong resolute
But I gave it the slip, kept the door shut
And took the other road to the open ground.

I heard its rasping whisper in my ears
I plugged them with earbuds and
sang my own song so loud
it drowned the other voice.

I smelt the rot spread from
one to the other in the blink of an eye
And tasted the fallout of desperation
Yet chose my saner solitude instead.

I could sense its clammy palms
cold with sweat outstretched
I clung to my breath coming fast
and counted my blessings one by one.

The yester tales visit me
But I  look out the window where
all the blue green pink and white weave
warm blankets to snuggle in and cozy up.

Today’s not been easy but
I mean to make it  such
Walking loaded slows you down
But I mean to travel light.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Topmost Vishnupriya  I saw  the crazy ant lift and pack the humongous peanut on its back. It could carry twenty times its slim we...