Friday, January 24, 2020

Snow dunes


The wind outside howls at work carving
snow dunes floating asymmetrical shapes 
unshrouding the lifeless swallow trapped in the folds
freezing my breath to icicles hanging,
moments away from shattering to bits. 
Quieting other sounds.


Can this frosty silence freeze my feeling of
numbness not from the ultra cold but all the
hurt of those who professed love of sorts
from what seems now like another world and time?
I don’t need sleep but a state of stupor to still
the whispers I hear.


Short days with listless light and a brooding lull 
a cue for me to retire early into those 
dark recesses to wage a battle. 
Kill it or sign a covenant to be deaf
if they persist since they’re just half dead
Because I am not a good killer, never was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Topmost Vishnupriya  I saw  the crazy ant lift and pack the humongous peanut on its back. It could carry twenty times its slim we...